Monday, December 4th, 2017
10:00am – 2:00pm, Lunch included
The Steadward Centre for Personal & Physical Achievement,
1-670 Van Vliet Complex, University of Alberta 8831 – 116 Street and U of A
In Edmonton we are proud to bring together the many individuals, organizations, community and governments associated with persons with disabilities for one day of celebrating within Edmonton.
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm – Community Info Fair (40 Organizations (20 tables )) and 10 Posters on Research Projects from Student Accessibility Services with the University of Alberta to be displayed throughout the Van Vliet Complex in The Steadward Centre as well as Social Street.
- 10:00 am to 11:30 am and 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm – The Steadward Centre Open House which includes trial programming (eg: yoga and circuit training) also trying out equipment in Steadward gym area.
- 11:30 am official ½ hour program – Main Gym – Quinn Ohler of Global TV Emcee
- 12:00 pm door prize draw for U of A Basket
- 12:00 pm Wheelchair Rugby Alberta Steel Wheels to begin, explaining about rugby and the rules, then rugby game demonstration (4 on each team).
- 12:30 pm guests to try wheelchair rugby with the help of Edmonton Firefighters
- 1:15 pm Bagged Lunch at The Steadward Centre
Contact: Leslie Tanzi